The seventh Staff Recognition Awards Ceremony was held by Aneurin Bevan University Health Board on Friday 15 December at the Christchurch Centre, Newport. More than 300 members of staff attended the event that celebrated the achievements of staff from across the Health Board.
The event was hosted by Ann Lloyd, Chair and Judith Paget, Chief Executive.
Judith said: “I’m delighted with the range and standard of the nominations for the awards and I’m pleased to introduce a new category to our awards – ‘The Patient’s Choice Award’ which invited nominations from members of the public. Once again I am delighted with the response to the awards. We received an unprecedented 188 nominations.”
The Health Board thanked Tesco (Spytty), Candles And Extras (Spytty), Morrisons (Newport), Sainsbury’s (Newport), and City Carpets (Newport) for supporting the ceremony.
The winners were:
- Health & Wellbeing – The Chaplaincy Team
- Improving Patient Experience – The Austin Friars Treatment and Referral Centre
- Leadership – Dr Nadeem Syed
- Partnership Working – Cedar Unit, County Hospital General Wards and Griffithstown Primary School
- Quality, Sustainability and Efficiency – The Osteoporosis Unit Dexa Team
- Team of the Year – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Team, Royal Gwent Hospital
- Going the Extra Mile – Rebecca Westbury, Community Midwife
- Education, Research and Innovation – The Specialist Palliative Care Team and Hospice of the Valleys
- Patient’s Choice Award – Dr Abbie Nelson
- The Chair’s Award – Dr Andy Gray
- The Chief Executive’s Award – The Paediatric Medical Team at Nevill Hall Hospital
- The Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council Award – The Engagement Team
Living Our Values:
- Linda Hodges, Ward Clerk, Pen y Cwm Ward
- Dr Andrew Gray, South Monmouthshire Neighbourhood Care Network
- Jane Cheadle, Facilities Manager
- Lisa Hammet, Midwife
- June Lindsay, Healthcare Support Worker
- Natalie Skyrme, Senior Nurse
Special Recognition Awards
These winners demonstrated outstanding dedication, commitment and resilience in the face of very difficult and unusual circumstances.
- Susan Davies, School Nursing Service
- Estates, Maintenance and Operations Team
- IT Security Team